Saturday 24 January 2015

Another Year Begins

And so it is that another year is set to begin... ready or not!

This year is shaping up to be a challenging one for me: I have shifted year levels again and will be teaching Years 1 and 2 this year. In addition to that, my school is moving towards Modern Learning Practices (MLP) in Modern Learning Environments (MLE). I am fairly confident about that first change, after all I have taught at this level before and it will just take a period of adjustment I think. The second change is a bit more daunting - it's asking me to move from only having to concern myself with my own students to working alongside other teachers in a much more hands on way.

I am looking forward to it though. I get along really well with the teachers I have been paired with and I think that we'll work together well. Each of us has strengths that will help the others to lift their game. For example, I know that I'm pretty good at integrating IT on a regular basis, but sometimes my ability to complete paperwork is more of a 'just in time' thing! One of my colleagues however is extremely organised, and I'm looking forward to seeing what strategies she uses to be that way.

But most of all, I'm looking forward to seeing the kids again. After all, that's why I love teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment