Tuesday 18 March 2014

The Joys of a Student Teacher

By: clevercupcakes
(CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
I am extremely lucky to have a student teacher in my class at the moment. She is currently on full control, and is doing a wonderful job of navigating the ever-changing waters of an intermediate class programme!

What I am especially grateful for however, is the opportunity to just watch my class at work. I have learned quite a bit more about my students during the observations I have done so far. I am seeing who will quickly and quietly get on with their learning, who likes to sneak others' chairs when they're not looking, who quietly does anything BUT their work, and who just wants to chat (about work, or something else!). With her in charge, I'm able to reflect on how I might handle a given situation similarly or differently, and whether either way is more effective or just different. I'm also able to have a think about what I might do differently because of the way she's approached a problem (especially during our Chinese language lessons!).

So thanks, Miss B!

No comments:

Post a Comment